Whether you’re a major brick-and-mortar store or a small online business looking for your big break, nothing can get your brand out there like a pop-up store. Pop-ups have grown in popularity over the last few years as more and more retailers discover the benefits of these temporary attractions.
But what exactly is a pop-up shop, and what kind of planning do they entail? We’ll explain how to set up a pop-up shop and explore the details you need to have organised before you launch your brand to the public.
What is a pop-up shop?
A pop-up shop is a term given to a store that is purposely temporary and ‘pops up’ for a limited time. These stores can sell anything from home decor to clothing and food. For retailers, the goal is to allow customers to see and experience your products first-hand. This is especially true for online-only retailers, as it allows the public to see and touch your products.
Unlike regular stores, pop-up stores can create a unique and immersive shopping experience as they promote a sense of exclusivity. There are many benefits to hosting a pop-up store, from reaching new customers to test-driving new products.
The key to a successful pop-up store — choosing your space
If you’ve decided to launch your own pop-up store, one of the most important factors you will need to consider before creating your pop-up shop design is your location. As you are offering a one-of-a-kind retail experience, you will need to find the perfect place to do it.
The goal is to find an area that receives a good amount of foot traffic, which is why many common places a retailer chooses to open a pop-up shop include:
- A city’s CBD
- Within major shopping centres
- Local markets
- Within large train stations or airports
It’s also a good idea to research your target market to find where they are primarily located. For instance, if you are selling swimwear, you may want to select a location with a beach nearby.
What to consider when setting up a pop-up shop
Since your pop-up store will only be around temporarily, it’s important that you nail the details so your customers remember you. Some factors you will need to plan before opening up your store include the following:
- Layout — This includes the fittings and equipment you need at your store. Pop-up shop fittings can include anything from peg boards to clothing racks, retail signage andpoint-of-sale displays. Depending on the size of your pop-up, you’ll also need to map out a floor plan that determines product placement and guides customers through your store.
- Design — This refers to the aesthetic or mood you want your pop-up shop display stand to have. For instance, wooden retail fittings can create a more rustic feel, while steel evokes a polished look. Make sure your chosen fitting blends in well with your branding colours and signage so it creates a memorable experience for customers.
- Marketing — Because your store has an alluring and exclusive feel, you can use this in your marketing. There are many ways to get your brand there, from starting an Instagram account to passing out flyers and business cards. If you are in the food service industry, prepare samples for people passing by.
Kickstart your pop-up store with Shop for Shops
Opening a pop-up shop is a great way to attract new customers and boost sales. But before you can say hello to new business, you will need high-quality retail fittings. Shop for Shops has everything you need for a successful pop-up launch, from clothing hangers to fashion accessories displays — or if you need a custom-made fixture, we can help with that too.
As a family-owned retail business, we understand how important it is to have access to quality fittings you can rely on, which is why we only stock the best products. For more information about pop-up shop fittings, please contact us at 1300 11 SHOP or email us at email@example.com.
Why open a pop-up store?
Opening a pop-up store has several advantages for retailers. A pop-up can be a great way to test the waters before a proper launch if you are in the initial phases of opening a store. Online stores can also benefit, as a pop-up allows people to experience your products in person.
How much does it cost to start a pop-up shop display stand?
While there is no definitive answer, as you are free to spend as much as you’d like, the amount you spend to launch your pop-up store will depend on its size, duration, location and the types of displays you need.
Where is the best place to set up a pop-up shop?
Areas that experience a high amount of foot traffic are some of the best places to set up shop. This can include large shopping centres within the city’s CBD or at local markets.